Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Gangster's paradise

As always, I am fascinated by cultural differences, and I think I should post more about them. For example, a building close to us was bought out by some Korean mob group and they kicked all of the tenants out without notice. A day later construction equipment was there and they began tearing down the whole building. No one really knows what is in it for the mob, but the newly office and store-less tenants obviously didn't like it and began protesting and using fire extinguishers to break through the security and fight their way back in. I know, this happens everywhere. BUT, when I asked, "so aren't they afraid of getting shot by the mob when they break in?" I was met by strange looks and then a Korean said "no one here has guns."

What? What kind of sick world do we live in where gangsters don't even have guns? It really makes us good folks seem less good. So, I thought I'd buy the Godfather, parts 1 and 2, and offer free "English Lessons" to those poor wanna-be's and teach them a thing or two about gangstering. Honest to Pete.

No comments: